Currently Not Available In Store - Usually Available for Shipping, In-Store Pickup, or Curbside Pickup in 1-5 Days
This is not a novel. The WARDEN FORCE series is a collection of short stories, all true adventures of the finest protectors of wildlife in the world. Game wardens, or conservation officers as they're known in some states, have been the subject of an explosion of interest during the past few years.
The WARDEN FORCE series is a collection of short stories, all true adventures of the finest protectors of wildlife in the world. TV shows such as JOE PICKETT (Paramount+), WILD JUSTICE (National Geographic), NORTH WOODS LAW (Animal Planet), LONE STAR LAW (Animal Planet) have introduced the public to this dangerous and little known profession, and left them hungry for more.
Award winning author Terry Hodges was himself a California State Fish and Game warden and supervisor/leader of game wardens for over 30 intense years. He writes with the authority possible only by those who have actually lived the life, who have actually packed a badge and a gun on behalf of wildlife and battled all manner of wildlife-destroying outlaws.
Season nine includes fourteen exciting episodes:
- Not Bad for a Fish Cop: A lone warden, during two consecutive nights, outsmarts two criminals and makes two unrelated felony arrests.
- Fuzz-Face, Snake Eyes and Fu Manchu: The unscrupulous camp host of a high-mountain campground employs three bow-hunting criminals to take out a camp-raiding dumpster bear.
- Repeat Offenders: An aging warden recounts his long history of capturing the same salmon and deer poachers time after time.
- Swift Justice: Fleeing salmon poachers run afoul of poisonous plants and relentless wardens.
- The Worst of the Worst: Determined wardens spend months bringing down a band of smart, super-wary, deer poachers, among the worst in California history.
- Masters of Deception: A husband and wife poaching team prove to be unskilled game-law violators and even worse liars.
- Trouble in Hog Heaven: The cruel and unscrupulous operators of a big-money pig-hunting club are targeted by determined wardens.
- The Cycle: Wardens outsmart a well-organized team of abalone poachers.
- The Caviar Connection: A team of undercover wardens stalk a ring of sturgeon-poaching caviar dealers.
- The Old Pro: A crafty old warden, a master of his trade, dazzles a much younger warden by outsmarting and capturing two hardened deer poachers.
- Zero Choice: A lone warden, nearly gunned down by a fugitive dope grower, reassesses his approach to his hazardous occupation.
- Death on Snake Mountain: A warden performs a nerve-jangling search of a mountain home said to contain dozens of free-roaming rattlesnakes and a two-week-dead human body.
- Confession: A young warden nearly kills a man and keeps a secret for over 30 years.
- Heartless Bastard: A warden comes out second best when he tangles with a man with no legs.