Currently Not Available In Store - Usually Available for Shipping, In-Store Pickup, or Curbside Pickup in 1-5 Days
The steel tongue drum (aka tong drum, tank drum, gluck-o-phone, Hapi drum, mandala, or lotus drum) and the handpan (aka hank drum, UFO drum, zen drum) are percussion musical instruments designed to help you focus on your feelings, sensations, and body. You don't need classical music training or knowledge of music theory to play them. The main purpose is relaxation, meditation, and traveling through your inner world.
No previous training or skills are necessary to enjoy these fascinating instruments. It is impossible to play them incorrectly. Anyone can play them: those who want to develop a good sense of rhythm and an ear for music, those who are seeking relaxation after a hard day at work, those who have always had an interest in learning how to play a musical instrument, and those who want to introduce something unusual into their lives and explore their inner selves.
This book is aimed at those who want to add popular melodies to their experimentation.
We use numbers above the classic notes because most modern tongue drums have numbers engraved or painted on their keys. This is great for the absolute beginner who cannot read sheet music.
Because most tongue drums include and are tuned to involve the notes of the main octave, all songs from this book are possible to play in one octave.
Each tongue drum is very different and it is impossible to accommodate songs for all kinds of tongue drums in one book. The songs which have been collected in this book can be played on most drum models. If you have less than 1 octave of keys on your drum, you may need to skip some songs. However, if your drum has many sharp notes, you will need a book that contains chromatic songs. Here, we have collected only simplified diatonic melodies.
Attention: Songs have been transposed for a DIATONIC range. Some melodies might be changed and simplified. If you have flat keys on your instrument, it is recommended that you use classic sheet music for the piano.
This book includes simple, popular traditional folk songs from 30 countries.
- A Ram Sam Sam - Moroccan Folk Song
- Ahrirang - Korean Song
- Anile, Anile - Indian Tamil Song
- Au Clair de la Lune - French Folk Song
- Bound for South Australia - Australian Folk Song
- Bim Bum Biddy - American Song
- Che Che Koolay - Ghanian Folk Son
- Cumplea os Feliz - Colombian Song
- D nde Est n las Llaves? - Spanish Folk Song
- Debka Hora - Hebrew Song
- Epo I Tai Tai e - New Zealand Maori Song
- Fr re Jacques - French Song
- Giro Giro Tondo - Italian Folk Song
- Gretel, Pastetel - German Song
- Hotaru Koi - Japanese Folk Song
- Kalinka - Russian Folk Song
- Kanzenzenze - Congolese Folk Song
- Kum Ba Yah - African American Spiritual
- Kum Bachur - Atzel Jewish Song
- La Cucaracha - Mexican Song
- Lost My Gold Ring - Jamaican Folk Song
- Mein Hut - German Song
- Pounto to Dakhtilidy - Greek Folk Song
- Singapura, Oh Singapura - Singaporean Song
- The Grand Old Duke of York - English Folk Song
- Tongo - Song from Samoa (Polynesia)
- Un Petit Cochon - French Song
- Vous Diraije Maman - French Song
- Zhao Peng You (Looking looking for my friend) - Chinese Song
- Zimbole - African Song